Kroger expands footprint
Kroger is expanding its presence in one of the nation’s most competitive retail markets.
The grocery retailer plans to open five new Marketplace stores and expand the size of three existing locations in North Texas in the next two years — a capital investment of $150 million. The company also plans to open multiple fuel centers and remodel existing properties. The growth initiative will create more than 1,700 full- and part-time career opportunities that offer competitive pay, healthcare plans, retirement options, product discounts and other incentives.
"Kroger is a company that is focused on smart, strategic growth and providing a highly-satisfied customer shopping experience. Dallas is a market that continues to attract new residents and retailers because of its economic strength and stability," says Bill Breetz, president of Kroger Southwest. "We've operated here since 1958. In that period, we've grown our footprint to 85 stores and 43 fuel centers. We've successfully reached this point by closely monitoring the unique needs of this market and evolving to meet the requests of our customers."
The new store locations are:
- F.M. 548 and U.S. Highway 80 in Forney, Texas. Scheduled to open in 2014.
- F.M. 407 and McMakin Road in Bartonville, Texas. Scheduled to open in 2015.
- Precinct Line and North Tarrant Parkway in North Richland Hills, Texas. Scheduled to open in 2015.
- Josey Lane and U.S. Highway 121 in Lewisville, Texas. Scheduled to open in 2015.
- F.M. 4 and U.S. Highway 377 in Granbury, Texas. Scheduled to open in 2015.
The three expanding Kroger Signature stores are:
- 2709 Cross Timbers Road in Flower Mound, Texas.
- 7505 North MacArthur Boulevard in Irving, Texas.
- 2935 Ridge Road in Rockwall, Texas.