Logistics leaders recognized by Walmart
Walmart honored more than a dozen trucking and transportation partners this week as “Carriers of the Year,” and the list includes many of the supply chain world’s biggest companies along with some lesser known firms.
In addition to its massive private trucking fleet, the enormity of Walmart’s business means it works with more than 400 third party carriers. Out of those the company recognized 13 companies and further singled out Charlie Crawford from UPS as carrier representative of the year.
“When Walmart chooses a carrier partnership, we look for companies who provide outstanding service, effective communication, and for a company that will exemplify Walmart’s mission to ‘save people money so they can live better,’” said Kevin X. Jones, VP of Walmart inbound transportation. “Walmart is fortunate to have worked with many companies that have accomplished this task.”
Companies were recognized in the following categories:
- Small Parcel: FedEx Corporation
- LTL Regional: Averitt Express
- LTL National: SAIA
- Grocery dedicated: Swift Transportation
- Intermodal: Hub Group
- Diversity: Go To Transport, Inc.
- Temperature Control: Decker Truck Line, Inc. and Prime, Inc.
- Sam’s Club carrier of the year: Legacy Supply Chain Services
- General merchandise: Tango Transport, Celadon and Heartland Express
- Innovation: United States Postal Service