Roam launches mobile card reader
Roam, an Ingenico company and a leading mobile commerce platform provider, has expanded its mPOS solutions to include chip and PIN acceptance with the RP750x mobile card reader.
The new cloud-based solution is fully compatible with Roam’s mobile commerce platform, which supports new mPOS players with all mobile card acceptance types: magnetic stripe, NFC, chip and sign and chip and PIN.
Features of the RP750x include:
- Compliant with the latest industry standards (PCI PTS 3.1 with SRED, EMV Level 1 & 2, Visa Ready)
- Connects with smartphones, tablets and features phones via Bluetooth and/or audio jack
- Backlit display, EMV PIN pad, magnetic stripe reader, smart card reader and NFC reader
- Compact form factor just slightly bigger than a credit card
- Configurable through the cloud, enabling direct shipment from factory to any country
- Option to customize the branding and/or the form factor
“With the launch of our RP750x chip & PIN solution, we’re now covering all of the bases of global mobile payment acceptance for new mPOS players,” said Ken Paull, CEO of ROAM. “Launching the ROAMmcm 5 payments engine in January laid the groundwork for supporting international mPOS deployments, and the RP750x is the latest piece of the puzzle enabling EMV mobile card acceptance across the globe.”