Sephora engages consumers with social shopping platform
Sephora has launched Beauty Board, a social shopping platform designed to engage clients through beauty images. Users will be able to post, share, browse and shop Sephora's photo gallery directly on Sephora.com, the mobile site, iPhone and Android apps.
Users will also be able to upload photos, tag the products they use and give helpful tips on how they achieved the look.
"Our beauty lovers are gathering and sharing beauty tips across a variety of social properties like Instagram and Pinterest, as well as our blog and beauty community site," said Julie Bornstein, EVP, chief marketing and digital officer. "So we took what we admire as social users to the next level by developing and integrating our newest social site, Beauty Board, into our Sephora.com experience. Sephora shoppers can now share looks or hauls, and tag all of the products they used to make shopping easy for the entire beauty community. Best of all we designed Beauty Board to seamlessly connect with our clients' other social platforms, providing an informative and social shopping experience for all."
Using their current Sephora.com account information or upon signing up for a new account, consumers will be able to create their own social accounts on Beauty Board. The Beauty Board will simultaneously launch on desktop and mobile at the same time, making it easy for users to upload their photos via their mobile devices.
The Beauty Board features:
- Filters based on interest: members can search across the site for inspiration from other users in a variety of ways, from newest and most popular, to categories like hauls and skincare, plus keyword and hashtag search.
- "Tag-able Beauty:" members can tag all the products they used in their posts, so others can get the same look and shop for any of the tagged products on Sephora.com.
- The ability to "Love" photos to be saved for later: love a look, but don't have an occasion for it just yet? Save it for later by "Loving" it.
- Infinite inspiration: browse an endless amount of photos from multiple beauty evangelists, including Sephora Users, Stores, Beauty Pro Team, HQ staff and Brands.
- Share across your networks: any upload can be exported to the consumer's social channels on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Google Plus.
The Beauty Board already features Beautyblitz.com, Beautyhigh.com, Bellasugar.com, Byrdie.com, Temptalia.com and the Sephora PRO Team.