Walmart exec among keynote speakers slated for Mobile Commerce World
SAN FRANCISCO — Executives from Walmart, Facebook and Groupon are among the keynote speakers slated for the Mobile Commerce World three-day conference and expo in June.
Mobile Commerce World touts itself as the only event of its kind designed to help retail and enterprise executives create the most effective mobile commerce strategies. It will be held June 24-26, at the Palace Hotel in San Francisco.
The keynote lineup includes:
• Wendy Bergh, VP, Walmart global e-commerce
• Nicolas Franchet, head of retail and e-commerce, global vertical marketing, Facebook
• Roger Andelin, president, CTO, Rakuten.com (formerly Buy.com)
• Aki Iida, head of mobile, Zappos
• Amit Shah, VP, online, mobile and social, 1-800-FLOWERS
• Mihir Shah, VP/GM, merchant OS, Groupon
Representing retailers and speakers for Mobile Commerce World include:
• Bryan Allison, COO, Vegas.com
• Howard Blumenthal, Director, e-business platform solutions, Advance Auto Parts
• John Faith, senior VP, external affairs, RetailMeNot
• Sean Harper, director of product management, Groupon payments, Groupon
• Jeff Klonowski, manager, digital retail/mobile, REI
• Joe Lezon, CTO, Alex and Ani
• Michael Menis, VP web and interactive marketing at InterContinental Hotels Group
• Sarah Rose, VP product, Modcloth
• David Sasson, president and CEO, OverstockArt
• Peter Stringfellow, SAE, national sales, Yelp, Inc.
"We are pleased to present these keynoters and speakers who are at the forefront of the mobile commerce revolution at Mobile Commerce World," said Eliot Weinman, GM and conference chair. "Businesses worldwide are determining their mobile business strategy. Mobile Commerce World will be the only stage to learn from these industry heavyweights who will share what's working and what's not in this rapidly accelerating marketplace."
The three-day conference and expo will offer more than 50 in-depth educational programs, workshops, case studies, demonstrations and real-world technology implementations. In addition to more than 110 industry experts participating in the conference program, the event will host an expo with leading mobile commerce solution providers.
Delegates who attend the conference will learn about new business models, how to develop effective mobile website and mobile app development strategies, how to engage the new "mobile consumer" and which mobile commerce business and technology suppliers can help them to achieve their mobile commerce goals.