West coast flagship marks Walgreens 8,000th unit
The iconic Los Angeles intersection of Sunset and Vine is the location of a new flagship store Walgreens has designated as its 8,000th unit.
The location is the company’s first flagship store on the West Coast and features extensive collection of innovative offerings, products and services unexpected from a traditional drug store. The store’s expanded features include a LOOK Boutique beauty department with dozens of prestige and niche cosmetic, skin care and hair care brands not typically found in drug stores. As part of it, Britain’s leading skin care brand, No7, created by Boots, will be available in a Walgreens store for the first time. No7 is well-known for its range of anti-aging beauty serums, all independently scientifically tested.
The availability of No7 products at this Walgreens follows the strategic partnership between Walgreens and Alliance Boots, an international pharmacy-led health and beauty group. Last June, Walgreens and Alliance Boots entered into a strategic transaction designed to create the first global pharmacy-led, health and well-being enterprise. The LOOK Boutique also will be staffed with specially trained beauty advisors, including a No7 beauty advisor. Expert shaping and grooming services will be available at the Eyebrow Bar.
"We are thrilled to locate our milestone 8,000th store and latest flagship store at such a famous intersection as we bring a format unlike any traditional drug store to the Hollywood community," said Joe Magnacca, Walgreens president of daily living products and solutions. "Walgreens aims to be America’s first choice for health and daily living, and we look forward to providing an exceptional experience for our customers as we help them get, stay and live well."
Los Angeles mayor Antonio Villaraigosa said he was proud that Walgreens chose the Hollywood neighborhood for its 8,000th store because it will improve access to pharmacy, health and wellness services.
"This flagship location brings not only a unique retail offering to this community, but also additional jobs and economic investment that help build a vibrant neighborhood," Villaraigosa said.
Unique features of the store include the following:
* An enhanced pharmacy designed to encourage greater interaction between pharmacists and patients. Team member "health guides" will help pharmacy customers navigate a wide range of health-and-wellness products, services and resources, including immunizations and health tests. The pharmacy also features an "Ask Your Pharmacist" desk, consultation rooms and Express Rx kiosks for swift checkout.
* A wide variety of fresh hand-rolled sushi and sashimi prepared daily.
* An Upmarket Cafe offering a barista preparing fresh brewed coffee, espressos, as well as iced and frozen options.
* A juice and smoothie bar featuring fresh fruits and vegetables. Customers also can enjoy eight flavors of self-serve frozen yogurt accompanied by a toppings bar.
* Hundreds of fresh food items, including produce and on-the-go meal options, such as wraps, sandwiches and salads made fresh daily.
* A best-in-class wine selection boasting more than 700 wines that will pair well with the store’s assortment of artisan and brie cheeses, as well as specialty meats, chocolates and more — a Beverage Wizard kiosk provides food and beverage pairing recommendations.
* A Coca-Cola Freestyle machine dispensing 130 varieties of Coca Cola fountain drinks.